Mutiny 2019 Changemaking Winners!
Mutiny is a cutting-edge accelerator program for early-stage teams with impactful ideas. It is a movement of ambitious, forward-thinking individuals, all working towards either scalable global or significant local impact. You have a business idea with changemaking potential – Mutiny provides you with the right skills, contacts, and environment to efficiently put it into action and make that change.
This year, after an intensive two-month accelerator phase, our impact-seeking teams were ready to take on the Showcase and gave the last pitches in front of the audience, guest speakers, and the jury. The night was filled with curiosity, bold solutions, and amazement. The dense Ääniwalli unraveled on Thursday May 16th!
We are pleased to announce Semsai Grievance Technologies as our Mutiny-winner 2019! With their idea for SMS-based mechanisms, which use artificial intelligence to produce reliable and timely data directly from workers in your global supply chain, this team presented a complete package. The judges were impressed.
The winning team, formerly known as Fairchain, was picked out of all passionate teams, which made it through Mutiny’s application process and refined their idea and skills in Mutiny – Accelerator for Changemakers. Congratulations!
We also want to congratulate 2nd and 3rd place winners Riot Innovations and ThrashCam. Same goes for all of the teams that participated; we had many outstanding contestants. Our only regret is that there can only be one winner. Every team that participated got valuable experience for their future endeavors.
Mutiny provides your team with
/ Intensive 6-week accelerator in 4–5/2019
/ Followed by an incubation phase over the rest of the year
/ Weekly workshops led by top-level experts from various fields
/ Mentoring, hands-on support, and valuable introductions from hand-picked content matter experts throughout the program
/ PR and marketing support
/ For the winner: 4 Slush startup tickets and a grand of 2 500 € from Think Company Fund
/ For the for 2nd and 3rd best teams: 2 startup tickets to Slush per team
/ Wide network of partners, industry experts, and business contacts
/ Everlasting support from the Think Company community
/ And most importantly, the opportunity rock your idea
Mutiny 2019 is organized by Helsinki Think Company and Kokeilun paikka. Helsinki Think Company is the entrepreneurship society of the University of Helsinki. It is an accomplished accelerator organizer, aiming to tackle big, real life challenges by building a vibrant community of changemakers from multidisciplinary backgrounds. Learn more: thinkcompany.fi
Kokeilun paikka (Place to Experiment) is an innovative co-creation platform, born out of collaboration between Prime Minister’s Office and the Finnish experimental community to advance experimental culture in Finland. The platform enables co-creating ideas for experimentations, searching for funding, or teaming up with inspiring people, as well as learning from past experiments. Learn more: kokeilunpaikka.fi
- Application period for Mutiny 2019 starts 1 March and ends 31 March. Teams selected to join Mutiny will be notified on 4 April. Accelerator starts on 6 April and finishes 23 May.
- After the accelerator program teams enter an incubation phase. During the incubation the organizer provides the teams with regular meetings, personalized support and get togethers.
- As a participant, your team commits to attending the workshops on the dates stated on this site. At least 2 members of your team need to be present in every workshop. The workshops take place at Helsinki Think Company’s Center, Kumpula, Viikki and Meilahti venues in Helsinki. Participation also requires independent work outside of the workshops during the program.
- The teams are selected based on 1) the potential of the idea, with a focus on either global scalability or high local impact 2) the team‘s competence to realize their idea and 3) the ability to commit to attending the workshops.
- The program’s language is English.
- The program is free for all participants. Participants won’t be charged any fees, given that they fill in the feedback form after the program.
- The ideas born and developed throughout the program are entirely owned by the teams themselves.
- Helsinki Think Company reserves the right to showcase the Mutiny teams and projects in events and marketing. Photographs and video material can be shot during the program, and Think Company reserves the right to publish this material.
- Participating teams are required to write short presentations of their idea and concept that will be published at www.kokeilunpaikka.fi.
- Expert jury nominated by the organizer chooses the finalists and winning teams.
- The winning team receives 4 startup tickets to Slush. The 2nd and 3rd best teams receive 2 startup tickets to Slush per team. The teams themselves take care of applying for the startup tickets, and Helsinki Think Company pays for the tickets given that Slush accepts the teams’ ticket applications.