ACCELERATOR FOR CHANGEMAKERS
Mutiny is a cutting-edge accelerator program for ambitious early-stage teams with the potential to reshape the future. It’s a movement of forward-thinking individuals, all aiming to make a change through innovations and entrepreneurship.
Do you have a business idea with significant local or global impact? Gather a troop of 3-5 members and join the Mutiny! We will provide you with the right tools, skills and contacts to take your ideas onto the market and help you be the change.
The intensive 6-week idea accelerator consist of weekly workshops, where teams take action and work on their business plans. Workshops are led by experts from various fields and cover all the fundamentals from branding and sales to pitching and perfecting your business model.
The program culminates in the grand finale in May, where teams get to pitch and present their work in front of an audience. Judges select the winning team with the most impressive and impactful concept. The finale is followed by an incubation phase where all of the participating teams will be provided the opportunity to further improve their business ideas.
You will be provided with mentoring, assistance in PR & marketing and hands-on support throughout the program. You will gain a wide network of partners, industry experts and business contacts as well as everlasting support from the Think Company community. Most importantly, you will get the opportunity to take action, rock your ideas and turn them into reality.
The prize for the winning team is 4 Slush startup tickets and a grant of 2500 € from Think Company Fund. Prizes for the 2nd and 3rd best teams are 2 Slush startup tickets per team.
Mutiny is organized by Helsinki Think Company. Helsinki Think Company is the entrepreneurship society of the University of Helsinki. It is an accomplished accelerator organizer, aiming to tackle big, real-life challenges by building a vibrant community of changemakers from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
Learn more: thinkcompany.fi
JOIN THE MUTINY
The program is free of charge and open for all early-stage teams and newly established businesses. Make sure to read through Rules and FAQ before applying.
Applications are open until 20 March.
RULES & FAQ
- Application time is 24.2.-20.3.
- The interview invitations will be sent on 21st on March at the evening.
- Interview days are 23th and 24th on March. Save the date.
- We will inform the results on 25th on March at the evening.
- Accelerator opening weekend is on 28.-29. on March and the whole program culminates with final 14th on May.
- You apply to the accelerator program as a team. Team must have its idea ready. Team can be registered as a company, but it is not compulsory.
- The accelerator is open for all the impact based early stage startups. The teams are selected based on
- The potential of the idea, with a focus on either global scalability or high local impact.
- The team‘s competence to realize their idea.
- The ability to commit to attending the workshops.
- By participating this accelerator team dedicates that at least two of the team members are present in every one of these events:
- Opening weekend’s Problem & Solution -workshop 28.-29.3.2020
- Workshops with expert:
31.3, 2.4, 7.4, 9.4, 14.4, 16.4, 21.4, 23.4, 28.4, 29.4, 5.5, 7.5, 11.5 and 13.5.
- Semifinal: 29.4. and Final 14.5.
- Optional events: Community night: 17.4.
- The workshops last from 17-20 and they take place at Helsinki Think Company’s Center, Kumpula, Viikki and Meilahti venues in Helsinki. Participation also requires independent work outside of the workshops during the program.
- The program’s language is English.
- You must respect your and other teams’ members.
- The program is free for all participants. Participants won’t be charged any fees, given that they fill in the feedback form after the program.
- The ideas born and developed throughout the program are entirely owned by the teams themselves.
- Helsinki Think Company reserves the right to showcase the Mutiny teams and projects in events and marketing. Photographs and video material can be shot during the program, and Think Company reserves the right to publish this material.
- Expert jury nominated by the organizer chooses the finalists and winning teams.
- The winning team receives 4 startup tickets to Slush. The 2nd and 3rd best teams receive 2 startup tickets to Slush per team. The teams themselves take care of applying for the startup tickets, and Helsinki Think Company pays for the tickets given that Slush accepts the teams’ ticket applications.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to leave a message at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.